Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness????

I just read a post on Facebook titled "50 Things Money Can't Buy". I have decided that lists and stories that preach that principle are created by people that HAVE money!!!
Since very few people read this, I feel more comfortable posting this here instead of on my facebook account.  I can be very negative, but I try (sometimes) to hide it.

Let me share things that happiness CAN'T buy:

A house in which to live.
A car give you the freedom you need to work, go to church, etc.
Gas, tires, maintenance, and insurance in which to keep the car going.
Food for nourishment and in my case, calming my nerves. (Hi. My name is Ann and I am a food addict...)
Clothing to cover your nakedness.
Tithing, for the blessings.
Utilities.
Medicine, which is needed to counteract the stress of not being able to pay bills.
Computers and Internet to look for work, do genealogy, keep in contact with friends and family.
A phone, for basically the same thing.
These are just a few things that pop to mind.  I'm sure I will come up with more when the time comes.

Oh, don't get me wrong, if it weren't for the things money can't buy, ie, the love of a family and relatives, hugs from grand kids, amazing friends, testimonies, hiking, sunlight, 75 degree weather, clear starry nights, calm silent snowfalls, beautiful nature scenery, tulips, Sweet William, roses, Gerber daises, and dahlias, or wait, some of those cost money (I digress), it wouldn't be worth going on!

I want to say FANTASTIC neighbors, but without our home, we wouldn't be in such a perfect neighborhood.

I guess I could go on. Not that I am bitter about the situation we are in right now....oh wait, maybe I'm a little bitter.  But in the mean time - WHEN DO WE GET A BREAK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments: