Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today's Problems Are Tomorrow's Funny Stories

I have been told that you need to love people where they are and not judge them just because they are not as mature or advanced as you. Well with that thought, I have discovered something. I am like a 2 year old!

Last night, I had to get my piano to a gig. (It's just a neighborhood band, but it's fun!) RB left his trailer in my driveway so I could use it to haul. Paul wasn't home and Alec was at work. So having the 2 year old mentality that I have, I knew I could 'Do it myself'. I put the hitch on my car and then picked up the trailer to attach it onto the hitch. When I moved it forward, it didn't stop. My hand was smashed between the trailer and the car. And what did I do? (After swearing up a storm) I cried! It hurt and I was embarrassed that I couldn't do it. And talk about timing?!?! I was supposed to perform in less that an hour!


Thank heavens for wonderful neighbors. I went down to Bruners and ask Dave for help. Of course, between he and his family, they took care of me and I made it to the gig, complete with an ice pack for my injured hand. Because it was my left hand, and we have a great bass guitar player, we made it through the gig just fine.


Now as I sit here reflecting on the night, it's kind of funny. Can you imagine a 51 year old lady standing at your door crying? I'm sure if any other neighbors were watching, my swearing and crying dance was entertaining!


I'm sure there are no broken bones and in a couple of weeks, I'll be good as new. And much like a 2 year old, I'm happy again and dancing!