Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quizno's - For ALL Occasions


One thing I can say about Alec, he isn't like anyone else! Who do you know WANTS to open his mission call at work!?!?


He text me at 3:15 saying his call came. He then informed any one who asked, that if they wanted to be there when he opened it, be at Quizno's at 7:00 p.m. Paul was in a meeting and couldn't leave right away, so he made sure that it was late enough for Paul to be there.
I was relieved, because he told us that he wasn't going to tell anyone until the Bishop had him come up and announce it in church! Then he said that he would write to Joe (his life long buddy) and tell him. When Joe wrote back, he would tell everyone else. Joe is on a mission in Argentina! Alec is SUCH a tease!
If you notice, Sarah (Joe's sister) was there for Joe.

Honestly, when he read the call and said Billings, Montana, I thought he was joking! He admited that at first, he was a little dissappointed, but that lasted only a second. He feels really good about it. I told him that he wouldn't have to fly up there. He could just get on his roller blades and Jack (his huskey) could pull him up there!
Thanks to everyone who came and shared our excitment! I'm so glad he is so loved!




















I looked it up and found out that his Mission President is Larry Gardner! No, not the one in our ward, but a man from St. George.




I'm so happy for Alec!



2 comments:

graden and haley said...

YAY for Alec!!
I miss everyone and wish I could have been there!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is awesome and I'm very excited and proud of Alec! Is he English speaking? Richie's brother-in-law's brother served there and served a lot on the reservations. Love you guys, see you in JULY!!!