Tuesday, July 29, 2008

From My Infancy To My Adultry - M*A*S*H


I had a epiphany today. I haven't been living. I have been coasting through my life. This is something that has been going on (and off) for most of my life. When things get hard, I quit making decisions and just do what I am told. If I am not told to do anything, I sleep or eat. Luckily, having children kept me busy.
Now that most of my kids are moved out, I am making conscience choices. I have made a schedule, set some goals and am moving toward them. I am discovering that I am a good person. I am doing what I want to, and I want to do good things! I'm not perfect at this, or anything else for that matter. I guess perfection is not my goal, just good. Good is enough. So far, I am pleased with how my life is evolving.
As my children grew and needed me less and less, I had become a little panicked. One of my MAJOR turning points was the day I realized I can't fix everything that goes wrong in their lives. That was VERY traumatizing for me. It has been a process of letting go and being happy about it. By letting go, I had to opportunity to work more on me - and do I need some work!

1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm so glad that you are blogging and sharing your fun personality and your wisdom! I can relate so much to what you have said in each of your writings! Thanks for sharing! Keep blogging!