Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Life Is A Roller Coaster


I am coming into the 21st century - I have a blog! I feel so much younger!
I have always wanted to share my bits of wisdom that I have learned. I'm quite sure that my 'Deep Thoughts' might rate right up there with Jack Handy - but maybe not!
The idea of sharing my thoughts is a little frightening, but I have heard it is quite liberating as well!
Here goes!
I feel like we have just been through a rollercoaster of emotions. Watching your daughters get married is very different than I imagined.
I have always known (and wanted) them to find a wonderful man and start their own life. I really love the men that they have chosen. They seem to be a perfect fit for both of them.
I feel like I do OK planning parties and events, so the thoughts of 2 receptions didn't scare me. That just shows the lack of experience I posess.
It is not just the matter of putting on a party, it is the emotions that go with it! The happys, the sads, the scareds, the sures, the doubts, and for me the fear that I didn't do enough to prepare them for this!
I am so grateful for supportive family and friends. I found myself feeling like the 2 year old saying, "I can do it myself." When it came down to it, I finally said, "OK. Pick a job - any job! If you want to do it, I will let you!" It sure went a lot smoother when I let go of my 'illusion' of control.
As for the emotions, I can see that it has only just begun. I want my girls to be perfect and not say the dumb things or do the dumb things that I did in my marriage. Let's just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Our mistakes are what makes us grow, and boy are we all growing!
I really think that my girls will be fine! Once again, they seem to have chosen well, and both seem to be working things out. I just need to remember that fights usually end up with GREAT make-ups. As long as they all keep trying and compromising, they will be fine!
Then there's my son. He has come so far and done so well lately! I am so proud of him! He's really getting his life together! He is an amazing person. I hope he keeps this up!
Overall, things have gone a lot slower lately. I know it won't last, but I am enjoying it while I can!

No comments: