Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Mine Birthday


About 13 years ago today, I got the sweetest call from Katie my niece. We share the same birthday. The little voice on the other end said, "Happy mine Birthday." That will be with me forever! I LOVED it! She, of course called today, still as cute as ever! She is now 15! WOW!

I have received many calls from family and friends. I really feel loved!

Yet, I am sitting here at work wondering if anyone here will say anything. The problem is, I work with all men, and their minds aren't set for matters such as birthdays or anniversarys. I haven't said anything about it being my birthday. I think I'd rather them not know than know and not do anything about it! How is this like my life?

I guess I would rather live in a world of 'maybe's' than definate 'no's'. I would rather be accidently forgotten than purposely ignored. Besides, with the calls, the cards, and presents I have all the attention I need!

3 comments:

Jenkins said...

Well....happy FREAKEN birthday!!!

You are getting super old! So do you really want people to know you are getting older and older by the day? All this tells you is you are getting closer and closer to being in Oakley F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!! And you thought Oakley was ugly on the top?? Try being 6 feet under...all you see the UGLY Oakley dirt!!!!

Love you mom!!!!

Sahara said...

happy happy hapyy hoppy hippie birthday!!!!!!!!!! I am absolutely the worst at birthdays so just the fact that I sent this means I loooove you! :D

Unknown said...

Happy birthday yesterday! Hope you had a good one...what did you do?