Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Words to Live by Alec - Sports Announcers

Olympic fever hit the Matthews house hold. Day by day we watched the athletes give their all and in admiration, we cheered them on! Their dedication and discipline was inspiring! We are sure that everyone had the same goal - give your all, do you best and if fate allows, bring home the gold!
We were watching the 400 yd Mens Sprint. When the American runners finished their race,
some of them graced the media a brief interview. The announcer grabbed LaShawn Merrit after
his AMAZING run and ask, "What was your plan?" His answer sounded a lot like a politician - I wish I could remember his exact answer, but basically it was something like,
"I did my thing -was in my groove" - something along that line.

I turned to Alec and asked, "What did he just say? I didn't hear anything of importance." Alec said, "Well, with a question like that, what do you expect? 'My plan is to run fast and win'. "

I guess that is what Lashawn said. He and Alec must think alike!

+ = brilliance!
P.S. I miss you! Hurry home safely!

No comments: