Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Families Are Forever - Or It Just Seems That Way!

What a wonderful weekend! We went camping with family and friends at Bennion. There were probably 60 - 80 people there! It wasn't quiet, but it was fun!
The weather was very nice, which was lucky for us, because as Dad and I put up the tent, I noticed that the rain flap wasn't in where it should have been. As Paul and I went to bed Friday night and woke up Saturday morning, we had a beautiful view of the sky and trees through the screen at the top of the tent. Graden and Haley set up their tent close to ours. We had a GREAT place!
We had heard the forecast, that it was supposed to rain on Sunday. We were fine, because we were planning on going home Sunday morning. Well, Sunday morning, at about 5:00 a.m. Graden shook our tent and said, "You guys, it's raining." It's a good thing he did that because Paul and I were out COLD! When he woke us up, we felt our blankets and they were WET!

We quickly threw our stuff in the back of my car. Graden said, "Come sleep with us. We have plenty of room." WHAT A TROOPER! That was WAY on and beyond the call of "Son-in-law-hood".

I think the thing that really made me realize that he is truly one of the family, was not only that unselfish act, but as we settled in, out of the blue, he ask, "If you have a bee in your hand, what do you have in your eye?" Oh no! One of the LAST things I want to worry about at 5:00 a.m. in the rain is bug bites! He answered his own question, "Beauty." "What?" I asked. He said, " You know, Beauty is in the eye of the bee-holder." WHAT A GROANER! Yeah, he's about as off the wall as the rest of us!

I love you Graden!

1 comment:

Jenkins said...

That is FREAKEN funny!!!! He is a funny kid!