Friday, November 14, 2008

I Don't Feel Much Like Dancing

I am so sick and tired of reading all of these diets tips that say, “If you do this, you will lose 20 lbs. a year.” Ie: park far away from the entrance, take the stairs, drink skim milk, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, use fat free mayo, drink lots of water. I do all of these things - daily-, and have been for years. According to these experts, I should be down at least 70 lbs, so why do I still weight over 200 lbs? I get so impatient with people who say, just change a couple of bad habits and you can be skinny like me! If losing weight was so damned easy, wouldn’t we have more skinny people?
I appreciate the show “The Biggest Loser” because they show the people pushing, sweating, sacrificing and really working hard at it. This is hard work! This is constant work. This is not only a physical challenge, but mental and emotional as well. This is not a task that you can do for a couple of hours a day and call it good, it is 24/7. There is no relief from the stress, and when you go for a break, you have blown your progress and have to start over again!
I talked a woman that had a gastric bypass. She said that she cried everyday for a year because she had to give up her best friend, food! I feel her pain! When your joy, comfort and security is food, and you have to give that up – THAT SUCKS! THIS BETTER BE WORTH IT!!!!!

2 comments:

Jenkins said...

Can I just say dido??? I feel TOTALLY the same way!

Sahara said...

I am attached at the hip with food...pah.