Thursday, November 20, 2008

Words to Live by Alec - Shopping with Mom

Alec is getting a projector - you know, one that you can show on the wall and watch TV. He is trying to set up his room so he can watch it in his bedroom. I offered a white table cloth for the screen, but it just wasn't thick enough. I then suggested that we go to the fabric store and get something.
He met me at JoAnn's at noon and we found some white felt on sale. Since he has never been in a fabric store before, I figured it would be a good teaching moment. We went to the cutting table and a VERY cute young girl helped us. She asked, "How many yards do you want?" I was silent, and so was he, finally he spoke up and said, "3 yards." Trying to be friendly, she then ask, "What are you making out of this?" Once again, silence. So I chimed in, "He's making a pair of one-sies. You know, the kind with feet in them. He gets so cold." Her jaw dropped - Alec's face went BRIGHT red and I began to laugh!
Instead of shooting me (like I know he wanted to) he just looked at me and said, "Good one, Mom!"

1 comment:

Debra Durfey said...

It was SO good to see you last night! You are such a diligent blogger! Thanks for your fun reads almost every day! I love your guts! I miss seeing and laughing with you! Let's play!