Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

Yes, I went and voted. I really should be proud, but I'm afraid it feels like a useless act. Yes, I know, what if everyone didn't vote...yada, yada. Once again, I feel a story coming on!
When I was younger, we used to sleep out. We used to take a sleeping bag outside and fall asleep under the stars. As I would lay and ponder the universe, I would feel so small and so insignificant! It seemed so over-whelming that it would actually creep me out! I felt so minuscule!

That is kind of what voting is to me. Oh, I will continue to vote, mostly because it is the thing to do! I will also encourage my friends and relatives to do the same. My only redeeming thought is, if I vote, I have the privilege to complain about politicians.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Even though I don't always comment, I love reading your blog! You are such a great writer, Ann. Keep it up!